1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the best band to come out since 2000?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 3, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Don't know if they've been mentioned or not, but my vote would currently go for either Flyleaf or Daughtry. Both put out great first CD's, albeit not many have heard of Flyleaf.

If you're talking about album sales, though, it's got to be Daughtry. That album was on the top of the charts for a very long time.

Best individual artist has got to be Kayne West though. Hard to argue there.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Don't mean to DBT-jack, but Fenian, how's the new one overall? I haven't had a chance to get it.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tom, The Hold Steady's rock is as solid as anything ever made.

My Napster will be burning up tomorrow trying these bands out.

When did Built to Spill form?

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

DBTs have been around for a while.
    I'd put Kings of Leon and The Strokes up there. Jack White's got skills, but the White Stripes also have some miles on them, don't they?
    System of a Down sounds like a bag of cats in heat in a dryer. In the words of the Gallagher punks, "I can't believe I was alive to hear the shittiest band of all time."

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I remember that quote. I just don't get SOD.

Draft saved Draft deleted