1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the best band to come out since 2000?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Boy Band With Guitars.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not saying they're great, but they're a lot better than a boy band...

3. Mizzougrad96

What year did Coldplay hit?

4. Mizzougrad96

According to wikipedia, Coldplay's first single wasn't released until 2000...

5. Far and away, The Strokes. Their first album is the best debut since perhaps Ten. Fantastic album. Their second offering was a bit weaker, but highly underrated. And their third one is fantastic again.

The The Streets. OK, not a band but still. First two CDs were instant classics. Great writing, innovative.

Then Arcade Fire, Kanye, I guess The Killers. Is Hold Steady that new? Took a while for them to find their voice, but there last CD was among the best of 2000s so you gotta put them up there.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My list starts with Fall Out Boy and Gnarls Barkley if you can count as a band.

Compared to where we once were its not much of a list.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Hey, Zebra: I think what you're saying is more a reflection of the state of radio and who and what gets played these days than it is a reflection on the quality of the bands.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Agreed, although I'm biased. Regardless, they're great.

9. Mizzougrad96

1. White Stripes
    2. Coldplay
    3. The Killers
    4. Fallout Boy
    5. Raconteurs

I'm going to have to check out the Black Keys. Never heard of them until this thread... Although no one has ever explained to me the board's love affair with Drive-By Truckers...

10. When did the Drive-By Truckers start?

And, Mizzou, it's a southern rock thing. If you like Skynyrd, the Allman Brothers, the Black Crowes, etc., you'll probably like the Truckers. If that style repels you - and I honestly think a ton of people misunderstand it completely - then you wouldn't.

Interesting that your top five includes two bands with one guy, Jack White.

I think you'd like the Black Keys.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I want to update my vote to 3 Doors Down as number one on my list. "The Better Life " was not introduced until 2000.

Also want to add the North Mississippi Allstars to my list.

12. Mizzougrad96

I love Southern Rock and all the bands you mentioned, I didn't get it with the Drive-By Truckers. Maybe I'll give it a second listen...

Jack White is an amazing talent...

Draft saved Draft deleted