1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Scuba Steve?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Big question

What is Scuba Steve? With our WHL section we do one of those quick biographical five question things. Kid says his nickname is scuba steve, apparently used to watch a lot of Scuba Steve with his teammates last year, they started calling him Scuba Steve and the name followed him here.

I've never heard of the show. I googled it and came up empty, the closest thing I could get was a Youtube link to a clip from Big Daddy. Is that all it is? or is there an actual kids show or something along those lines? Also came up as slang for a rather, um, x-rated maneuver. SO I am hoping he's not trying to pull a fast one and make me look like an idiot, which in reality normally isn't that hard, but professionally I do take offence to it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

One of the bartenders at my pub of choice is nicknamed "Scuba Steve." It ain't because he's a certified, deep sea diver.

As my friend's sister-in-law asked once, "is that because he likes to muff-dive?" The whole bar lost it because the answer is and was "yes."

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Big Daddy is the only Scuba Steve reference I've ever heard.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Right on, Flash. He's a toy SCUBA diver who enjoys attacking Adam Sandler's -- Sonny Koufax's -- feet. His father is SCUBA Sam, and all he wants from his son is proper hygiene.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Me, too, Flash...

Draft saved Draft deleted