1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Regan MacNeil’s favorite Jason Isbell song?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by QYFW, Jan 13, 2019.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I’m gonna say “Never Gonna Change.”

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Never heard a Jason Isbell song. Or at least, I'm not aware if I have.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You should correct this. I love this one the most.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Pulling up an old, dead, odd thread to say...

Jason Isbell has a new album coming and the announcement is narrated by Wright Thompson.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wright took my advice here to use his scraggly southern voice to make money.

" ... played for and by grown-ass people."

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Daddies and bourbons…

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's quite the talented pairing there: best songwriter/band and best sportswriter. I have one question: When????

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

June 9. Just announced a tour, too.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

New song is pretty meh.

Tighthead likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I dropped this over in Concerts before I opened this thread, but here goes.

Jason and the 400 Unit. Tickets go on sale soon if someone has a pressing urge. Good beer at Avondale. Small venue.

"Jason Isbell has announced two concerts in Birmingham this summer, on the heels of a new album, “Weathervanes.”

The acclaimed singer-songwriter -- an Alabama native, multiple Grammy winner and former member of the Drive-By Truckers -- is set to perform on June 23-24 at Avondale Brewing Co., an outdoor venue that can hold about 2,500 people.

Tickets for the shows go on sale Friday, Feb. 24, at 10 a.m. CT via Ticketmaster. Prices are $65 per night, $130 for two nights, general admission; $89.50 per night, $179 for two nights, premium pit access; plus service charges."

11. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

If I was offered a choice of Isbell’s catalogue Southeastern and before, or Southeastern and following, I’d take the earlier material without question. There haven’t been a ton of songs that have really hit me on the recent offerings. I’m certainly in the minority, but I am not a Vampires fan.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan -- have seen him six times live -- and I agree with that assessment. Something More Than Free had some really good songs on it, but everything else has been trending downward since. Southeastern was such a damn masterpiece that it was going to be hard to follow. They're playing Brown's Island in Richmond this summer, tix go on sale tomorrow but I'll just wait and buy closer to the show. Not like there's preferred seating at that venue anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted