1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is "Pulp Fiction" ... about?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I agree.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You know what has always fascinated me about Winston Wolf? The party he's at when Marcellus calls him.

So, is he at some sort of endless cocktail party that began in the wee hours of the morning? Or is it a continuation of a party from the night before?

Or is it more cosmic? Is Winston Wolf supposed to be in some sort of cool-ass alternative universe that you nor I will ever have access to? I'll bet dollars to donuts that Winston Wolf was also at the sex party from Eyes Wide Shut. Hell, he probably cleaned up the mess after the hooker O'D'd/was murdered.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. It just strikes me as awesome that there are people around who are dressed the nines and kibizing with high-rollers and deluxe call girls at 8 a.m.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

What's the release date for PF2, Electric Boggaloo?

4. turski7

turski7 Member

"Then when he died of dysentery, he gimme da watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years."

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I love that Vega is always in the bathroom when shit goes down (appropriately) — when Uma ODs, when Willis comes back to the apartment, when the robbery at the diner begins.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tarantino did not direct and the great George Clooney steals the movie, but before they fucked it up with the crazy kill fest in the road house, From Dusk Till Dawn was a great movie.

Check out Clooney pulling this scene off.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My favorite part of that speech: "Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass."

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I LOVE THAT MOVIE.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

There was once talk of Tarantino doing a move set pre Pulp Fiction, pre Reservoir Dogs about the Vega brothers. That could have been pretty good.

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The Vega brother in Reservoir Dogs was supposed to be the same guy in Pulp Fiction, but was changed when Travolta came aboard.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My friends and I drove through the most hellacious rainstorm I've ever seen 45 minutes to get to the theater to see this movie and loved every second of it. It's actually still one of the most memorable movie-going experiences of my life.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Yeah, that's why they are tied in as brothers, Vincent and Vic.

Draft saved Draft deleted