1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it with "Lost" actors and drunken driving arrests?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is this the third one now?

HONOLULU (AP) — Daniel Dae Kim, one of the stars on ABC’s “Lost,” has apologized for his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving.
    Kim said he was deeply ashamed and embarrassed and will fully cooperate with police, in a statement issued Friday by his publicist, Cindy Guagenti.
    “It saddens me to know that I jeopardized the welfare of the kind people of Hawaii, a community that I love and call my home,” the statement said.
    Honolulu Police arrested Kim early Thursday after an officer spotted him driving erratically at about 2:30 a.m. He was booked at the downtown police station and released after posting bail.
    He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.168, twice the legal limit.
    Kim, 39, is set to appear in Oahu District Court on Nov. 23.
    “To my friends, family, colleagues and fans, thank you for your kind words of support.” Kim said. “To those I have disappointed I can only ask that you accept my heartfelt apologies. I am truly, truly sorry.”

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, you deal with all that shit on the island and see if you don't get tanked every once in a while.

3. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Well, they're lost, ain't they?

Man, I know those "heartfelt apologies" are all about celebrity image control, but why not just keep it real: "Yeah, I was out having a good time, and I guess I had too good of a time. Sorry."

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Kim is the fourth member of the cast of "Lost" to be arrested.

Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested for DUI in December 2005, when police spotted their vehicles weaving along a local road. Both pleaded guilty, and were lost from the show soon after.

In September of 2006, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was arrested and accused of disobeying a police officer and driving without a license. Those charges were later dropped -- and then he was dropped from the show as his character was killed off by a crazy smoke monster.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/25/lost-dui-curse-daniel-dae-kim-busted/

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

Gotta give the Honolulu PD a lot of props for keeping the roads of Oahu safe.
    Too many mai tais, you'd think these celebs could hire a limo?

6. Frylock

Frylock Member

Disposable income + Fame + Hawaii = DUI

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

[​IMG]
    Book 'em Danno.

Never saw this guy DWI.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yep. As everyone I've ever known who has moved to Hawaii can tell you, it's great for about six months, and then the realization hits you that, as great as the place is, you're on an island. I can only imagine the additional factors of being newly rich and famous.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The other 3 were killed off. So I guess that Sun will be a free woman soon?

Draft saved Draft deleted