1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is ESPN thinking?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Didn't see the game. Didn't see the report. Was the player angle more interesting than the story of how A&M won the game? Was he a big part of the latter?

No dog in the hunt. Just curious.

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Had I seen anything about how A&M won the game, I could tell you. From the box, I can say that Southwell's line doesn't indicate that anything he did was a reason why K-State lost (4 points, 2 assists, 2 turnovers in 10 minutes). A kid had a bad day and some highlight-cutter decided that it would be cool to show the nation how bad that day was. I'm not going to try and limb into the guy's head and figure out why.

Granted, the K-State kid did have a bad day. But it probably would have been a footnote in a game I wrote about the game.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Don't remember it exactly, which might be an indication of how interesting it was, but essentially he made a bad pass or two and his name was misspelled on his jersey. The turnovers, best I could tell, didn't come at any key moments in the game.

4. Johnny Dangerously

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Thread title could cover about a third of the conversations on here.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

7. Johnny Dangerously

Sock puppet WAR is an overrated stat.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A sock puppet's post is worth only .7 of a regular's post.

9. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

It ranks right up there with "CRIPPLE FIIIIIGHT!!!!!"

10. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

@ -- Johnny...No, the kid seemed to have a minimal impact on the game. One of the clips came with the score tied 4-4 in the opening minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted