1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Derrick Rose's ceiling?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 16, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I read and this immediately though of the NFL and how there aren't really any villains on most teams. Some players ruin their own reputations (Roethlisberger), but with the way the sports is played and how they are adorned in helmets and pads, the fans can't develop a real sense of loathing towards them.

As for Rose (and Durant for that matter), he is humble and knows what to say/do on and off the court. It's refreshing when LeBron calls questions "retarded" or Garnett is calling people cancer patients. And this is coming from someone who highly disliked Rose in college (because of Calipari mostly).

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've been following Rose since he starred in Memphis at Rhodes College.

3. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

DRose is as much a PG as Iverson was and they both knew their team's best shot at winning was them scoring. Also, I said he is too short to play SG.

AI's career averages: 25.7 pts, 6.2 assists, 3.7 rebounds, 2.2 steals, 42.5 FG%
    DRose's MVP season: 25.0 pts, 7.7 assists, 4.1 rebounds, 1.0 steals, 44.5 FG%

And they play similarly.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

AI only had an assist-to-TO ratio better than 2-1 three times in however many seasons he played. Rose has done that in each of his first three seasons. Also his FG percentage was significantly higher his first two years until he added the three-pointer to his arsenal this year; his percentage went way up in that area, and I have to believe his entire FG percentage will climb back up as well.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Probably a drywall product made in China.

Draft saved Draft deleted