1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Cherry Bomb, Alex?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Former Runaways bassist Jackie Fuchs (Jackie Fox) is a three day winner on Jeopardy. Scored on questions about the B-52s and Carlie Rae Jepsen.

The Runaways’ Jackie Fuchs Is a “Jeopardy!” Winner

That's a pretty nice combination to have on the resume. Oh, besides being an attorney and writer.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Last year or two, the guy who played Mike Teavee in the original Willy Wonka movie appeared as a contestant, with no mention of his past as an actor.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Finally, a Runaway besides Joan Jett and Lita Ford to achieve fame.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

What Surprised Me the Most About Being a Jeopardy! Champ

Great read from the woman herself on the cult of Jeopardy contestants.

I've gotten to learn quite a bit about the cult myself, having recently begun dating a three-time Jeopardy winner. We played trivia together for the first time last Friday night, with my Providence Meetup group, but she's a little shy about bringing it up herself. After the game, a young guy on my team (don't know him that well, but have played with him several times) starts asking her, "Haven't I seen you on TV?" Turns out (he never told us) he was a three-time winner the year before, and now they're instant pals. Between us all, I can now play from Providence to Boston.

Jeopardy alumni have very active FB groups (there's a women's one, and some will be playing with us when I head up her way on her birthday), and there's even a Jeopardy relationships group. It only took her 20 years to get on the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted