1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What in the name of spnited?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 18, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Sorry Spnited... I know you hate stuff like this... But desperate times call for desperate thread names.

For the last month, I have been getting mailings from the AARP, asking me if I want to join, asking me if I want to sign up for their medicare supplemental insurance, etc.

This just isn't right and it's freaking me out.

Anyone know WHY it is happening and HOW I can make it stop?

Please.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Apparently they read SportsJournalists.com and think your hands look like a retirement-age person's would.

3. The Big Ragu

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

If you'd quit sounding like a pompous, 70-year-old man in your political posts, they'd probably stop. :D

Sorry Ragu, I'm really not trying to harass you, but that was a hanging breaking ball. :)

5. The Big Ragu

You know, the little smiley faces don't make me want to crack you in the head any less. ;)

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I wish RokSki would figure that out. :)

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Based on your hands, I'm going to assume you're not 50, but 50 is when AARP comes calling.

8. writing irish

I know, little smileys don't bear with them a free pass for jackassery. But man, you can sound really pompous. It's unintentionally funny. That's what I was laughing at in the Moore thread yesterday. Although I regret the timing of my post, because it made it look like I was encouraging Pube, which wasn't my intent.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ragu, maybe they were meant for me.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't think anyone in their right mind would wish to encourage Pube to do anything -- except leave SportsJournalists.com forever.

11. writing irish

True enough.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rags,

Do you perchance have an 80-year-old live-in girlfriend?

Draft saved Draft deleted