1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What in the hell happened here?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jul 17, 2017.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Donations...for what?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

All true. The University of Cincinnati cop too.

But, if you didn't believe the false, "hands up, don't shoot," narrative, folks will act like you're some apologist for bad cops. This, despite the fact that the folks demanding the cop's arrest were wrong.

Being on the right side of the social justice fight is more important than being on the side of the facts.

franticscribe and QYFW like this.
  3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Lord only knows. I didn't hang around long enough to listen to their pitch.

4. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I got a call from a veterans organizations seeking donations exactly like the police organization does (script is identical). Told them I lost my job and that wasn't a good enough excuse for them

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You didn't have any problem swallowing the false narrative pushed by Wilson and his backers.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Those solicitations are usually coming from professional fundraisers. Not that you needed an "excuse," obviously, for someone soliciting you for money, but no excuse is going to matter to the person on the other end of the phone. If you make a donation, it is likely that more of your donation is going tto go to the company employing the person on the other end of the phone than whatever charity he or she is pitching for (and a lot of them are just outright scams). It's even possible that the person you were talking to was incentivized with a "bonus" or commission if you donated money.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The NRA is the worst when it comes to phone solicitations.​

8. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I just hung up

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A black Attorney General said the evidence wasn't there and the witnesses were spouting bullshit. Case closed. The problem is Ferguson became the epicenter for trigger-happy cops and it was the one case where the cop was in the right.
    The others ... not so much. Still amazed there's no rioting in Minnesota over Castille.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I never called proper BS on this. Suddenly supporting cops on the streets is a liberal proposition? Then what the hell was Sheriff "Look At My Flair" Clarke doing at the GOP convention? And remind me was is Fox News or MSNBC that immediately sides with the cops after high profile officer involved shootings?

By the way, one of the biggest breaks with a police union recently was done by the San Jose Mayor who is a Democrat.

San Jose's Pension Reform Passes

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The guy in a suburban Dayton Wal-Mart getting shot by John Law for having the temerity to hold a toy gun he picked up in the store remains my gold standard for unpunished police murder.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He heard a loud noise.

Draft saved Draft deleted