1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if....?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sneed, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Matador.

2. KG

KG Active Member

If I could start all over, I'd be running a bed and breakfast in some quaint, little mountain town.

3. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

I don't know what if, but the feeling I encounter most internally is "what else am I qualified for?" other than knowing how to write and edit.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I would have tried to find work with a baseballl organization. Still might, at a much lower level than MLB.

5. HorseWhipped

HorseWhipped Guest

I woulda gone into construction management.

Build houses, run projects, work days, work outdoors.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That was probably my second choice. What scared me away was the relatively few lack of career options: work for a tv station, work for the National Weather Service, hurricane center or pseudo-government agency.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Astronomer. Or maybe astrologer. Both sound fun.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'd like to be a cook at my own shop.

9. KG

KG Active Member

Yikes! Be glad you didn't, at least right now anyway.

10. Just give yourself a deadline of some kind. And also keep in mind that you can be a writer without having to be a newspaper reporter.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder if I should have been a gym teacher. Still be around sports, but with better pay.

Then again, I'd still be dealing with call-ins, only I'd be the one calling them in, rather than taking them.

12. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I had a moment of truth when I was 18 where I was given a choice of either being a player/coach on an American Legion team, thus sending me down the slippery slope of being a coach or I could just play for a different Legion team and continue the path I had started the previous fall, stringing football games for the local paper.

I chose just playing and being a reporter. What if I had decided to coach that Legion team, changed my major to H&PE and gone that direction?

Draft saved Draft deleted