1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if a Democrat had said this?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 20, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, yab, if the OWS movement starts having candidates run for office who embrace the label "Occupy Party candidate," then we'd have an equivalency. The Teap isn't an official party on its own, true, and that's to the detriment of the GOP

2. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

you may be onto something

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'd be curious, if the political board still existed from back then, to go back and see what you had to say about people "clinging to guns and religion."

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I know I'm smart as hell, and I know most of the people who oppose me are idiots.

Herman, not so much.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I like where your head's at.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Herm's afraid that if he put the crack pipe down Cornel West would take it and never give it back.

Why doesn't Frau Bachmann come up with the 8-8-8 plan. If you ate Bachmann 8 times over 8 months you wouldn't have to pay taxes for 8 years.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm about as anti-gun as you'll find in a republican, always have been, so I'm guessing not a ton.

I think a lot of our opinions have changed considerably since 2008. Hell, I spent most of the year trying to convince myself that McCain 2008 was the same as McCain 2000.

I was clearly wrong.

Most of you thought Obama would make a positive impact as president... Hope and Change... Hope and Change... :D

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hell, under a former screen name, I was constantly accused of being a secret McCain supporter. So while I did think that Obama would make a positive impact as president - and I do think he has - I definitely wasn't leading the cheers. I think that, in all contexts, I got the cheerleader pounded out of me from being a sports writer.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nein, nein, nein.

Danke schön. :)

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

When I opened the thread a huge banner on the left with Cain's face on it told me to vote for him. Hmmmm

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

How do you get an Occupy Party office-holder to leave once the term is up?

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Pay him for the pizza?

Draft saved Draft deleted