1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What have you cut back on?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Everything.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Wow, that had to be a tough one for you. I know how much you love movies.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So part of the reason many of the people on this site are struggling is because other people don't respect copyrights. And yet you have no problem disrespecting others' copyrights so that you can download free movies.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was more of a time than a financial issue. With kids, there just isn't the time to sit down at home and watch movies anymore. We had the same Netflix movie sitting here for three weeks when finally my wife laughed and said, "Think someone is trying to tell us something?"

5. Mizzougrad96

I used to use the really expensive shaving cream, so yeah it cost me about $5 a week. I'm one of those people who should shave twice a day, but honestly, shampoo works better than even the expensive stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Trust me. The cheap-o shaving cream is just as effective as the expensive stuff. Then again, it also depends on the kind of skin you have. For example, I cannot use gel; it's gotta be foam. I also cannot shave every day; it would tear up my face. I shave usually twice a week. On a rare occasion, three times.

I know people who shave every day. Ouch.

7. Mizzougrad96

I've been shaving daily since I was in sixth grade.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I shave every day and sometimes use an electric to touch up if I have to work late. Ouch is a good word to use.

9. JackReacher

I tried an electric. Tore me up. Big time. Spent a lot of cash on it, too. Kinda bitter, but I'm getting over it.

My brother tried one of those electric straight razors; the ones with the button at the head that turns on. Said he hated it.

I suppose I'm meant to do it the hard way. Fortunately, I don't have to have to be clean shaven every day at work. I shave on Sunday and Wednesday. That gets me through the work week with little more than stubble. Sometimes, I'll get lazy and wait till Thursday.

Anyway....I spend very little on shaving cream. Razors, however, are butt expensive. I should be going to the Price Club for stuff like that.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If you can take the initial hit, buying shaving items in bulk is the way to go. As seldom as you shave, you could sync up your Costco trip with the Olympics.

11. JackReacher

Ha! Tell me about it. Honestly, I don't even know if there's a Costco near where I live now. I need to get on that.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Well, I got a roommate, which saves me about $300 a month. I'll cut back on my cell plan once it's renewal time this fall. I pack all my lunches, shop at the scary grocery store instead of the yuppie one (almost $100 a month savings for my single self) and have cut way back on my moviegoing.

Draft saved Draft deleted