1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what has become of nfl training camps?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Arrington was great? Not in the NFL.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not worth arguing, but I was a huge fan. Whether or not he was "great", "good", or whatever.....not my point.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Not worth arguing because there is nothing to argue. As whether Moss is a better WR than Welker, if Santana was in the slot in NE, he would put up numbers as good as Welker and probably score more touchdowns. More explosive and a very good route runner.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

LaVar for the Hall of Fame!!!!!

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Any guy that relishes in busting the balls of Dan Snyder, gets my vote.

6. JackReacher

Yeah, man. He rips Snyder on a daily basis. He's a good balance for me: rips Snyder, but still shows love to the current players. He just needs to work on his grammar a little and knowing when to shut up when he says something stupid. Anytime someone calls him out, he just screams words that have nothing to do with the conversation. Weird.

7. Either way, I thought he was out of the NFL far too soon.

8. JackReacher

Lots of things contributed to that, a lot of which had nothing to do with his skill level.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

have you heard the news?! LEON WASHINGTON REPORTED TO JETS CAMP THIS MORNING IN TIME FOR THE TEAM'S FIRST PRACTICE!!! :eek:

the nation -- jets nation -- is secure, having weathered his 15-hour holdout. ::) ::) ::)

(maybe he just couldn't find cortland, n.y. ;))

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Correction: Maybe he didn't WANT to find Cortland, NY. Not much to do there outside of a bowling alley, mini-golf course and an A&W. In other words, not much to do there.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

It was probably five years ago that I went to the local NFL training camp (roughly 45 mins away) to do a feature on a local kid who was slated to be the starting LB. I was completely geeked up to cover an NFL training camp. And then I spent three hours watching grown men in shorts do drills. I have never been so stupefyingly bored in my life. It was like waking up Christmas morning, only to be made to stand in the corner for three hours. And ever since that time, I have completely understood why NFL beat reporters will write about anything that hints of controversy during training camp.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's LaVar. What do you expect?

This is the guy who tried to tell everybody that he was a tough, inner-city kid even though he grew up in a nice suburbs and his family was fairly well off. He has always been full of it.

He was also always injury prone, all the way back to his high school days. Fantastic athlete, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted