1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what has become of nfl training camps?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

when jets beat writers are blogging their fingers off about LEON WASHINGTON, a role-playing return man, possibly not reporting in time? funny. ;D :eek: ::)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

They are as mind-boggingly boring as ever, it's just now the writers can share that info with the rest of the world.

3. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Days and days of nothing but injury updates and horseshit-filled hype.

In other words, it's simply an extension of NFL Live on ESPN in the offseason.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, don't get me wrong -- i've always been a freak interested in training camps, to read all the stories in all the papers about how the rookies and other young players are looking and all that.

it's the breathless, mountain-out-of-a-molehill quest for news that i find infuriating. a veteran like leon washington may miss a few days trying to renegotiate his contract? to me it's a note until a couple of weeks have passed, at least.

i get that beat guys have to report this stuff. it still makes me laugh -- all the more when the player is a non-starting role player/return man. yeah, he's good at what he does but it's nothing worth sweating yet. ::) ::) ::)

5. Screw u guys.
    The Pirates suck, continue to suck, and judging by their recent round of trades, remain committed to sucking well into the next decade. I for one welcome our NFL training camp blogging overlords and look forward to next coming weeks of por and college football coverage.
    I will read with great delight and anticipation every morsel of training camp minutiae.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Leon Washington not coming to camp on time is bigger news than is usually reported.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What did PK have for lunch?

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A hobo.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Interesting discussion yesterday on the LaVar Arrington Show....who's a better receiver, Santana Moss or Wes Welker?

Welker has the better stats (more catches, yards, TDs), but they fill different roles; Moss as the No. 1 for the Skins and Welker as the slot, No. 2 for the Pats.

I guess when you ask who is the BETTER receiver, you gotta go with Welker, right? I'm not completely sold either way, but I'm leaning toward Welker.

Edit: Arrington, predictably, said Moss. His co-host said Welker. Arrington said his co-host set back the game of football 100 years for saying Welker is better than Moss.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Arrington has a show? Does he use it to try to convince people that he's from the 'hood?

11. JackReacher

Yeah. Just started couple weeks ago on WJFK in DC. I love LaVar. Good guy, great LB in his day. But he's pretty awful on radio. I'm hoping he irons out some of his awfulness, but he's not good. His co-host, Chad Dukes, formerly of the Big O and Dukes show (which was awesome), saves the show.

12. JackReacher

Wow. Listening to the Podcast from yesterday's show now....a caller compared Welker's style of playing receiver to that of Steve Largent. Now, LaVar is screaming racism. "Why didn't you compare him to Art Monk or Gary Clark?"

Ugh. Come on, LaVar.

Draft saved Draft deleted