1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happens at 40,000...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 20, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's what your sister said.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, let's try to class this up a bit. Who was y'all's first PM from? Mine was from funky_mountain, asking him how to quote posts. Unfortunately, he told me.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can't remember; might have been Hank. But the oldest one I have saved is from Freelance Hack dating back to 2004.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm almost twice the no-life dickhead you'll ever be!!

Wait a minute...

Dooley, welcome to da club. It's nice to have someone in the biggest looser neighborhood.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Holy fuck. Just caught up on this thread. Who was that using dooley's sign on to post a Big Ragu-like 1,000 word dissertation?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And many of those words used properly...

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Given the content of said post, I'd submit waterytart as a suspect/candidate.

Or, maybe it was Big Ragu. Hmmm ...

Let's see, first PM -- I think mine was from Fenian Bastard, although I have no record of it now.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have no idea who sent me my first PM TODAY let alone six years ago. Sorry. :D

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

StanBelindaCarlisle, a name that begat one of the great SJ games (maybe time to resurrect that one).

Second PM was from mwm.

As for the missing archives (coughnotmyfaultcough), it's probably not the worst thing in the world that some of our earlier work here is forever obliterated.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When I say Dooley is woodwork, I mean it with the utmost woodwork love. Without woodwork, there is no foundation to any building.

OK I'm no engineer, that's not exactly what woodwork does, in fact, it's not the foundation to anything.

Kidding aside, Dooley is one of the SJ greats. Way to hit 40K.

As for my first PM, I probably iced it when Lucas fooled everyone into clearing out their PM accounts a few years ago. The oldest one I have is from OnTheRiver, back in '95. I still have all of the PMs sent to me when we lost our unborn baby, they mean a lot to me.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

btw, until i clicked on this thread, I was positive it was going to be about airplane sex.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It still can be. Dooley hasn't stalked anyone in at least a week..

Draft saved Draft deleted