1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what happened?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big_Space, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm happy, since my month of hell is pretty much over with, if that makes anyone feel better.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Postseason basketball overlapping spring football really sucks for me. I know I'm definitely not alone there.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Except for the too much hair, that's amazingly accurate - both of me and the day!
    Car bombs! If I'm not around a while, that's why.

And Irish, good point. I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just saw this...
    Deleting the thread was wrong. Lock it if you must, but deleting was too much. While there was a lot of crap, there were good points.
    And deleting it "because it had run its course" is fine for you, Ellis; but others had contributed to the thread too. Too many pages, too many opinions went into that.

5. OK, I acknowledge deleting the thread was a mistake. If I had the option of deleting some of the nasty posts on that thread, I would have; then it wouldn't have been locked and/or deleted. I just did not like, at all, the direction which it had taken. As I stated in my initial post, I did not intend for it to become a Jemele-bashing thread, but that's what it became. To those who disagree with what I did, I apologize. If I could undo it, I would. But I can't. So please let it go. Thank you.

6. Moderator1

I don't think you can lock your own thread.
    I thought we had it set there for a while that you couldn't delete your own thread either because too many people were playing games with that.

7. I didn't lock it. It was locked when I woke up this morning. That's when I deleted it.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

What's really funny is a certain new moderator, who shall remain nameless here, got home tonight to a full page of PMs loaded with trouble, accusations, terrorism and complaints, and then began to peruse Anything Goes ... where he found the above sequence ...

He particularly enjoyed how last week he was getting PMs from people complaining about the jackassery and name-calling, and all of a sudden he found page after page of it ... only to discover it was all in fun.

Well, that's a relief.

And now he realizes it's going to be hard to know who's giving a serious fuck you and who's giving a good-natured you-suck-ass.

But what really stuns him is this is what his life has sunk to: trying to discern real jackassery and personal insults from the fun ones.

Meanwhile, the two people who asked me to revive Random Thoughts (because it was one of their few havens on the board) told me they're outta here because: "jackassery abounds," and "it's not fun or interesting or worth my time anymore."

I think we're approaching one of those crossroad moments in this board's history ...

9. Moderator1

Not to be an ass, but: Why not let the moderators moderate? While we ain't perfect, there's enough of us and we do a pretty good job overall.

10. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

That's too bad. It was a good thread with some morons mixed in. If we deleted all those threads, we wouldn't have any left.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fuck any restaurant that demands a buck-fifty for a spoonful of guacamole on my burrito. :mad:

12. Moderator1

Hey, uh, JD? Maybe should have left some of that deleted??
    Like I said on the other board, welcome to the masthead.

Draft saved Draft deleted