1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happened to the falling spy satellite?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There were some stories last week that a U.S. spy satellite was falling out of control from its orbit, and nobody knew where it would land. Hand't seen anything on it lately, so does anybody know if it's still tumbling? Do I need to buy satellite insurance still?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Later this month or next month I believe.

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and James Garner are taking care of the matter.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

5. Was that the satellite that was spying on our private conversations and thoughts? Free at last!

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's going to land in my back yard and I'm going to make a killing off the salvage rights.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Or your heirs will.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If Little Man doesn't get it, then I guess I wouldn't really care. But yeah, you're right.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I think they need to line up Billy Gillespie's players and have them pull the trigger on the missile that shoots it down.

There's one miss . . . there's another . . .

The ship might have to return to port to rearm itself.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Anyone remember when Taco Bell put the target in the middle of the Indian Ocean and if that spaceship would hit there, everyone in the world would get free tacos. The next day everyone would get diarrhea, but it was a nice gesture.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It was an al-Qaida plot. Thank heavens it failed.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This reminds me of SkyLab, which was to 1979 as Y2K was to 2000.

Draft saved Draft deleted