1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happened to me? CMA Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

I actually think Ashley is the better looking of the Williams sisters. :)

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was having the new vs. old country discussion in the office the other day. Not really a fan of a lot of the new stuff out, but occasionally I will stumble across CMT and hear something I like. I'm a big old school country guy and the current country artists I like, Dwight Yoakam, Steve Earle, Joe Ely, The Old 97's and Canuckistan's own Blue Rodeo, don't show up on there or on any of the country radio stations in these parts.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Hank Hill is your favorite country star?

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I can't remember seeing a music video on CMT in some time.

@KJIM: That's George Jones to you, sir. http://www.ugo.com/music/top-50-music-scandals/?cur=12

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You say tomato, I say they're both hot as fuck... ;D

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

You're right. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Double J

Double J Active Member

And I just realized while looking up the younger sister's info.....today happens to be her birthday.

Happy 31st, Ashley Williams. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. I thought the same thing while watching the show last night. With the exception of handful of artists, the appreciated country music seems to be getting back to the country music of old that I love so much. I'm still not thrilled with a lot of George Straits new stuff, but it's still good country. Josh Turner is a great singer who reminds me a lot of Randy Travis. Darius rucker's album is phenomenal, as is the Zac Brown Band's - not to mention their rendition of the devil went down to georgia was incredible.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I agree on Devil - but I saw Charlie do it live years ago. Now that was incredible!

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Only topped by seeing Charlie do " The Souths Gonna Do it Again" I defy you to keep your feet still.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Outing alert, 2mcm is Tony Romo.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

If you go in with the mindset that country music ain't what it used to be, then yea, you probably aren't going to like the genre of the last 10 years or so.

But it's still a lot better than some of the crap that is put out there in other genres.

Draft saved Draft deleted