1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happened to Gretzky's face?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ringer, Dec 7, 2009.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is true

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Then the Phoenix reporters are as shitty as the Phoenix hockey team. If true, then it is a massive story. If he is drunk enough that you think he's going to puke at 10 in the morning than you would think a legitimate reporter would report this or at least dig a little deeper.

In this day and age, when nothing stays quiet, how does this not get out. Or do the press in Phoenix think this is the 50's and drink with Gretzky?

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You're comically off the mark, particularly if you think that this is somehow limited to the Phoenix press and would come as a shock to the rest of the hockey world.

I'll leave it at that.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I thought maybe he was just guzzling during the post-game cooling off period, but morning skates? Good Lord.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I know he likes to have a few, but what you are suggesting is a hell of a lot more than that. Those are some serious allegations.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's a badge of honoUr, I says. :D

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I've never heard of anyone from Brantford having a drinking problem.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

A coach/important team exec is regularly, publicly drunk at 10 am....I may not mention it casually in a story ("...., said a shit-faced Gretzky"), but it cries out for a deeper look, especially when the team in question is sucking.

But I've rarely covered hockey; maybe it's not that unusual.

Draft saved Draft deleted