1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happened to AJ Burnett ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Anyone know why Burnett got scratched vs the Yankees yesterday? Original story was that he was sent home and done for season. Now he will pitch today.

I am wondering if it was a case of too much NY nightlife on sunday.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Personal reasons were cited in the media here.

3. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

You know how ballplayers are. He probably decided to go the Ahmedinejad speech at Columbia, got all worked up by the impassioned debate, met up with a group of Iranian emigres at a coffeehouse, became engrossed in their discussion, and five hours and three mocha lattes later, he'd completely forgotten about the game he was supposed to start! Same thing happened to Manny Ramirez in '02.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'd buy that.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I always saw Manny as more of a Che Guevara kind of guy.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Come to think of it he might have wanted one more day of rest before competing in the between-innings chili pepper race during the Jays' last home stand this weekend.

Last time he did that he went on the DL the next day.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No good - we need to know more. The Evil Hots championship of the NIAFL rests on the arm of AJ. We need to know if we can count on him.

To go from being done for season to pitching tonight in Baltimore just does not add up.

Draft saved Draft deleted