1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What great lacrosse ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Besides, the game should have ended around 2. You don't show a whole game and then cut away in overtime for something else.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Unless you're NBC and it's an NHL playoff game [/stillbitter]

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Just got back from this game with all the in-laws, most of whom had never been to a lax game. It was a blast. Best non-college basketball sporting event I've ever bought a ticket for.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yet another reason you don't need to play endless overtimes in the regular season.

5. Simon

Simon Active Member

That's basketball. This was sudden-death. Think if the NHL had five minute periods in playoff overtime. That's what this was.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I agree they should either do overtime like the NFL or like basketball. The hybrid isn't ideal. Still an amazing game though. Both goalies were fantastic.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sorry, but these are three words that should never, ever be uttered.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

You've just never seen lacrosse played the right way, ie. on the cement floor of a hockey arena during the hottest days of summer, where the preferred (and entirely legal) method of defence is repeated cross-checks across the arms and midsections of your opponents.

9. I'm not a huge lacrosse fan, but I'll watch it when it's on. I left the house when it was 8-4 Maryland to go to spring football practice for work and it was thoroughly entertaining lacrosse.

I did have one question the announcers never answered that some of you might be able to. Maryland had a big kid, can't remember his name, that was like 6-6, 260 and they said he played football and lacrosse at Notre Dame as a freshman. Is he still playing football because that kid had some wheels about him.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No. I noticed that too. No football. Here's the really surprising thing, though: The kid is from San Diego. It's VERY rare to have a big-time lacrosse player from the Left Coast.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Will Yeatman. Googled him tonight and the link I found from December said he was transferring for both sports. He got some waiver to be eligible right away for lax. He was arrested for underage drinking last year at ND, along with Mike Golic's kid.

Not sure how to upload a photo, but the Daily Progress has a few shots up from today's game on the AP wire, and one is of Yeatman and some poor average-sized kid from UVa. He looks like a fucking ogre.

12. I had a rare Saturday off today, and despite not planning on sitting around and watching TV, I ended up catching the ending to this game; UNH hockey tying North Dakota with 0.3 seconds left in regulation before winning in OT; the final five minutes of 'Nova-Pitt; and saw US soccer rally for two goals in the last 15 minutes to tie their qualifier at El Salvador. Great as it was, 'Nova-Pitt was the fourth-best game I saw today; Maryland-Virginia tops the list, and I'm not a hardcore lacrosse fan by any means.

Draft saved Draft deleted