1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What goofy-as-hell topic will Bush spring on us in this "State of the Union?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jan 20, 2007.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Re: What goofy-as-hell topic will Bush spring on us in this "State of the Union?

And now he's completed his work:

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For once, I actually agree with DyeJob. Health care is completely broken and the system, and the way we view health care, has to change.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

AlleyBabbler: Master of the obvious.

There's no sneaking one by him.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've found it odd that you're one of the most vocal and combative members on this board, yet you insist on calling me AlleyBabbler. In retaliation for DyeJob? If that's what works for you.

5. There is one issue. The war. Period. He has nothing new to say about it. His approval ratings stuck at 33. Nobody's listening.
    So he's going to muster all the power of his mighty sword and fix health care? I'm there, folks.

6. the fop

the fop Member

Democrats hold only a razor thin majority. The applause of 51 percent republicans and that of 49 percent probably sounds remarkably similar. There will still be enough applause lines.

Should be fun watching Cheney and Pelosi sit next to one another, though.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

To applaud, you either have to like what you hear or feign liking what you hear. At this point, even a lot of Republicans are finding it smarter to distance themselves some from the Shrub.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Re: What goofy-as-hell topic will Bush spring on us in this "State of the Union?

I take it, then, that the board is not expecting a switch-grass update.

9. I switched from grass in '83.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Pardon my ignorance, but when will this circus be coming to a TV near me?

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Tomorrow at 9PM. No way he goes up against 24. If he tries, his approval ratings will drop even further.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hell, if goes up against 24 his ratings will be below a Tuesday night Blue Jackets/Predators game.

Draft saved Draft deleted