1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What goofy-as-hell topic will Bush spring on us in this "State of the Union?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No, you'll be included too.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Like that's never been done before.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that W and Lieberman will kiss for a good 15 seconds.

5. With tongue.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He'll probably let us in on his personal plans for the day he enters into a state of rapture.

Sorry, W. . . . not all of us are in such a hurry.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i hope he keeps pushing this new health care thing. only 89 percent of americans want the government to be able to negotiate a good deal on drugs for medicare. unfortunately for us buffoons, this administration does not believe in polls. he's threatened to veto any such bill. i haven't seen how it's shaking out but i'd love to see a veto over-ride. the only reason not to support this policy is to put money in the hands of Big Pharma. bush has already proven he doesn't give two shits about what the american people think; that's nothing new. but in this case, drug policy hits home even harder than the war on terror, which for most of the middle and upper classes is just something we see on TV.

8. I thnik he's going to make another run at Social Security.
    Hilarity ensues.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Re: What goofy-as-hell topic will Bush spring on us in this "State of the Union?

He'll announce that "sheeps go to heaven."

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The most oft-repeated lie this administration makes is that they don't believe in polls. EVERY politician polls the hell out of people and uses those polls to shape policy and vocabulary. They only say they don't believe in polls, because polls have shown that's not what the American people like.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: What goofy-as-hell topic will Bush spring on us in this "State of the Union?

Your proposal to do so is ... what, exactly?

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It's been mentioned here before, and it's on the Web site, although you have to scroll to find it.

Basically, there should be a mandatory, single-payer system administered by regional bureaus.

Draft saved Draft deleted