1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What favourite/worst Hallowe'en candy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Oct 1, 2007.

1. rascalface

rascalface Member

My grandma used to buy the Mary Janes every year, though I don't remember them being called Mary Janes.

Couldn't eat them today. They would rip out all of the expensive dental work I've had done in the last month. And here, here for Junior Mints.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Can't believe the hate for Mounds that's going down, here.

The things are transcendent.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Junior Mints are my movie snack with Milk Duds.

4. doctor x

doctor x Member

Where's the hate for those orange 'circus peanuts?' Yuck.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, oddly, I was never a big fan of Reese's or Snickers. I'd always trade my Snickers for Milky Ways and just give the Reese's cups away. What a fool I was...

The worst, most vile, most disgusting things on earth were Mary Janes, and those cheap knockoff Mary Janes in the orange and black wrappers. You could just chew on a pebble coated in peanut butter and get the same effect. I should've planted a razor blade in them one year and taken it to the cops, just so those things would be on the banned list alongside apples and popcorn balls. The Mary Janes were always the last things left in the bowl (candy, not toilet), and would inevitably end up being tossed out sometime around Thanksgiving.

6. jboy

jboy Guest

OK, I admit my ignorance. But they have Halloween in Canada? I thought it was one of those American holidays like Thanksgiving or New Year's.

7. Cansportschick

No my friend, we are just as greedy as the Americans when it comes to getting grub on Hallow's Eve.
    Thanksgiving is celebrated in Canada in October and US in November. Canadians also celebrate New Years on January 1st; however if you are Jewish, your New Year was last month and if you are Indian, your New Year is coming up (another grub grabbing moment). Also, Chinese have their New Year in February.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Whoever said Smarties taste like chalk, I need to see them out back real quick. When you are allergic to chocolate, you gotta get your sweets where you can. Starburst and Smarties.

9. Cansportschick

Smarties are like an institution.....I can't believe people don't like them.

(Did you eat the red ones last ;D ?)

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

As a kid, I'd love getting pixie sticks. Man, I'd be up all night sucking those down.

11. Cansportschick

Yeah, that and Fun Dip.

Loved Sweet Tarts.

Those damn Gobstoppers and Jawbreakers caused me to have emergency surgery one year. Don't be fooled by the pretty colours.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Nope, I just ate them as they came out of the pack.

Xan, be careful with your statement there. It could be quote changing fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted