1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What favourite/worst Hallowe'en candy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'd always hide my Reese's cups and Kit Kats cause my younger brother and sister would try and gank them. They were my faves, so I had to make some sacrifices of Snickers and Milky Ways.

I'd modify this to say Candy corn, Almond Joy/Mounds and Mary Janes. Nerds and Smarties are down there, along with Pixie Stix, but they're not the bottom of the barrel to me.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It's all pretty good. But I agree that Mary Jane's are not that hot.

Do I recall correctly that a bag of candy corn would have a few chocolate kernels?

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Not that I remember...it would've made them a little less detestable though.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Inches away from truth. I'd swap out Nerds for those damnable candy pumpkins.

If memory serves, I always ended up with at least a dozen or so pieces of Double Bubble, a.k.a. bargain basement chewing gum. You had to use 2-3 at a time to get anything like a decent bubble.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Not on purpose. :D

6. rallen13

rallen13 Member

H...Henry,
    H...Harley is right. I had a friend who used to work the candy counter at the local dime store, and he said that the chocolate ones were NEVER to be mixed in. He didn't know why, they just weren't. But since they were always side by side in the bins, it happened. Personally, I never understood the chocolate ones, or liked them for that matter. The original candy corn was good stuff, the chocolate always tasted stale and looked like it was in the early stages of rot. I do remember that the first time I ever saw the chocolate ones was at Easter, but they might well have been around all year.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I am eating Tootsie Rolls as we speak with packages of those mini Gummy Bears (my weakness), Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Berries.

Tootsie has come out with Fruit Rolls and the only one that is semi decent is the vanilla flavour. How do you ruin a long standing institution by turning it fruity? Yuck!

Okay back to my Hallowe'en stash at the office.

8. KG

KG Active Member

There's a candy corn now that's caramel covered apple. It's odd to pack that kind of flavor into a little piece of candy, but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever tried either.

9. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

This thread got me thinking. In addition to Smarties, those wax bottles filled with colored sugar water were also disgusting.

10. rascalface

rascalface Member

Corn ... that tastes like candy.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Big, big fan of candy corn here. My wife makes this white-chocolate covered popcorn and mixes in candy corn. Heavenly.

As for the worst, most disguisting candy ever invented on this planet ... and for which I would not hesitate to toilet paper and/or soap the windows of any home whose owner dared to put the boxes of hell in my pillow case:

[​IMG]

To hell with Good and Plenty. May your prescription drug-looking ass be forever banished from All Hallows Eve.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A. Fuck all y'all who don't like candy corn. I love it.

B. I loved junior mints and milk duds. Also loved the Mary Janes, but only ate the ones we bought. I didn't know if someone had unwrapped them, licked them, and rewrapped them. Gross.

Draft saved Draft deleted