1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What favourite/worst Hallowe'en candy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Damn, Zeke. I figured you'd at least get the reference. Think Woot Canow.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I took the reference.

I just haven't TP'd anyone's house in a while, and you're an appealing target. ;)

Hey there, cats and kittens, this is Josh Lyman coming at you with your morning briefing...

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Zeke, is that secret plan to fight inflation ready yet?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Are you sure you want your one question to be that stupid, Doc?

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i never understood the people who put a bowl of candy on the porch with a sign that said, "take 1 please," and were then surprised that the whole bowl was gone 10 minutes later.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Favorite: Reese's cups, Smarties, M&Ms, Skittles, those little peanut butter bars, Snickers, anything chocolate.

Least favorite: Mary Jane's, Almond Joy/Mounds.

7. Candy corn, Nerds and Smarties are the devil's trinity of crappy candy.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

When I was a kid, a guy down the street worked for Scripto and handed out the little yellow mechanical pencils, back when those were huge status symbols in grade school. It was tough to fool him and go back for a second one, but we all tried.

Really looking forward to taking my 2-year-old trick-or-treating this year. She's young enough to walk around and collect but too young to eat just about everything (at least Mommy says so). Ka-ching for me!

9. I'll eat Candy Corn year round, so it's my favorite by default.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I remember getting tons of Clark bars back in the day. They can be hard to find anymore, but I recently did just buy a bag of "fun sized" ones at the local Giant Eagle. Oh, and Reese's PB cups were always a score (still are).

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm probably in the minority, but I love candy corn -- in moderation. But my favorite is probably Snickers bars, and my least favorite is any dark chocolate.

They've got nothing to do with Halloween, but Peeps suck.

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Good thread.

Favorite: Mini Snicker bars. Also like mini Almond Joys, Butterfingers and Baby Ruths.

Worst: Candy Corn. Can't stand it. Nasty, nasty stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted