1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What favourite/worst Hallowe'en candy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

I got a rock ...

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Rockets (think powdery flavoured sugar but hard, about 1/3 the size of a Life Saver). Back in the day I could eat 10 of those mini-packs of 'em in one sitting. Then, it was the best of times, then the worst of times. But oh the memories.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A guy here in the office always brings in a load of full-sized Aero bars that his parents have left over after Hallowe'en. Major, major score there.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I hate those creamy pumpkins too that taste like the candy corn.

And the fake mouth/jaw looking candy. Gross. Those hamburger candies too suck.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I also liked the wax lips and things of that nature. And, I liked the peanut butter chews.

On a side note, does anyone remember "Zotz," the hard candy with fizzy powder inside? Are Zotz still available?

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Do they still make Bottle Caps? The root beer ones were awesome.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Bottle Caps, Butterfinger, Snickers, Milky Way.

And who here uses the guise of buying Halloween candy 'for the kids' but winds up eating two-thirds of the bag him/herself? Besides me, that is.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I used to love homemade popcorn balls, but those are sadly a thing of the past thanks to the crazies out there. I also adore those little bite-sized snickers . . .yummie!

As far as what I don't really like, anything without chocolate, dammit!

9. KG

KG Active Member

I like the pumkins and Mary Janes. Because those are seasonal, I do usually pick some up around Halloween to get my fix for the year. (I don't have any kids so I can't use the 'it's for the kids' excuse.) I also like the little snickers and little twix bars.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Mini Snickers bars.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Jelly Belly makes a really good candy corn. You wouldn't think a molded hunk of sugar would be improved so much, but it really is. Go to the Cracker Barrel towards the end of Halloween when they're half-off, and thank me later.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. And mini Coffee Crisps too.

Draft saved Draft deleted