1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What favourite/worst Hallowe'en candy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I see a thread about costumes but, this morning a coworker bought me a whole gallon of Hallowe'en candy. (I can't function at work without candy)

It begs me to pose the following question:

What as a kid were you always wanting in your Hallowe'en trick or treat bag (or pillowcase for some)?

What did you detest/or hate?

Anything cool?

When I used to go out for trick or treating, I would love getting chocolate and lots of it. I also thought it was so cool when I would get cans of pop or special trinkets in my bag like spider rings, pencils, pens. Neighbours on my road used to give me Laura Secord goody bags (they are not cheap).

I always hated getting a gazillion kisses. Those things were disgusting. While one packet of Rockets are enough for me, I used to get dozens of them.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Favorite: Caramel apples
    Least favorite: Tie between candy corn and Mary Janes.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Candy Corn sucks horse dong.

I always liked getting Snickers. And if you got a full-sized bar it was like winning the lottery.

4. boots

boots New Member

Getting that full-sized bar can be difficult at halloween.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I second caramel apples as favorite and candy corn as sucking horse dong.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Favorite: Butterfinger or Kit Kat (chocolate) and Smarties or Skittles

Least: Almond Joy/Mounds or those little peanut butter chews in the black or orange wraps.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Whatever that dark house down the street gave out was rather nice. Unfortunately he always had us come inside to get it. Blow Pops have never tasted the same.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Those are Mary Janes.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I always had to throw out the Caramel Apples because my mother was always convinced their were needles planted in the apples (you know, safety concerns, checking your candy out before you eat them).

10. [​IMG]

"Mayfly, get your fat ass back here."

;D

[​IMG]

11. rallen13

rallen13 Member

The little boxes with 4-5 Milk Duds in them, the small Tootsie Rolls, and (I am ashamed to admit) Candy Corn. One reason for the candy corn was that I was an Army Air Corps brat (late 1940's), and candy corn was one of the few things we and the people who lived around us on military bases could get or afford. That and the fact that you always got a lot of them so they lasted a long time and didn't go bad.

12. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Another thing about candy corn was that you had three colors to eat. You could make them last a lot longer if you ate the white tips, then the yellow ends, and then the big orange middle. When you had limited supplies of candy, you did wierd things to make it last.

Draft saved Draft deleted