1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What DOES The Second Amendment Mean?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Guess what? You don't get to decide which Constitutional rights other people want to enjoy are outdated.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

On this, Hondo and I agree. If it's so outdated, then urge your lawmaker to create an amendment changing it. Otherwise, it is what it is, whether you like it or not.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wow...there's chance for peace in this world to exist if AA and I agree.

We have a columnist who is as liberal as its gets on almost every issue. When it comes to the issue of taking away his guns (he's an avid hunter) or anyone else's guns, better duck. He won't miss.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

No one wants to take away that columnist's gun, despite what the gun nuts -- The gun police are coming! Boo! -- want you to believe.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Are you two in the same well-regulated militia?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A well regulated militia sounds boring. I'd rather be part of an unregulated militia.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The second amendment means lock and load.

And the only time the phrase gun control makes sense is when it is in the context of talking about the ability to hit what your shooting at.

Anybody thinks that gun control measures will stop violence are kidding themselves and if you really think creating a bigger black market for guns -- where only the criminals have access to them -- is the solution you're naive and clueless.

I used to live in a neighborhood where 14 year olds ran around with Ak-47's and I'm quite sure they didn't go to Wal Mart and a waiting period to get them. At least, I had the ability to own two handguns which I always had loaded on the off chance one of the hoodlums came up my back stairs to try and rob me.

Thank God it never came to that, but the comfort of being able to protect myself in my home was well worth it.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So the fact that the US has the highest homicide rate in the West has nothing to do with pretty much universal access to handguns?

And why am I not surprised that Zag had two loaded handguns in his house?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Whereas in Canda, they simply bore each other to death.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You know, this has been a pretty civil conversation. There's no reason for y'all to start the personal insults now.

11. EE94

EE94 Guest

so shoot me

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My, you are so witty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.