1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What DOES The Second Amendment Mean?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Baghdad already is a safer place than DC. Baghdad is a safer place than the inner city of most big American cities.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Everyone seems to like William, especially the ladies. I think they might enjoy it......

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

You are stupid, or a willful liar.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/06/AR2008030601825.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

It's just one of those things that sounds cool, but really means nothing.

5. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Exactly. That amendment has been perverted by every limp dick, cowboy wannabe to mean they can have a gun under their pillow to make up for their small weenie.

C'mon Supreme Court! Pry that gun from their bony pale fingers!

(Got nothing against hunters, BTW. Just the pathetic wussies who need a gun to feel good about themselves.)

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone thinking a law is going to keep guns out of DC is ridiculous, especially considering the geography of the area. Even if Congress outlawed the manufacture of guns in the United States and the importation of guns from outside of the US there would still be guns. But if you are a cobbler, you make shoes. If you are a lawmaker, you make laws. And if you are a criminal, you break the law.

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I don't think it will keep all guns out of D.C. But so what? If a law isn't 100 percent effective then we should dump it?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not at all. I believe there is a place for private gun ownership and also think this will keep people who are pissed off from going out and getting a gun and doing something stupid. But if you really want something, you will find a way to get it. This law will only affect those who aren't real go-getters. And I ascribe to the philosophy that guns don't kill people, they only make it easier and faster.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I say we shoot everyone that owns a gun.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That would include Dick Cheney.

11. [​IMG]

Perfect sense to me, it makes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ben Franklin would kick your ass right now if he wasn't dead. Or crippled by gout and STD's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.