1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What DOES The Second Amendment Mean?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Stan you're cool! Can I join your club!

Wait. What's Stan in cat years? 14?!?!?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Zeke -- I'll try and be reasonable with you until you prove otherwise. You know damn well that isn't what I said in fact I acknowledged there is already an international black market for guns.

I simply said if you make them illegal you will create a war similiar to the wars in this country over drugs.

I know you want to be a part of the glee club but please, try and stay above the fray for once in your life.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Asked and answered, your honor.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Imagine Zag talking about staying above the fray.

And I sure wish I could write witty dialogue like our boy Zag.

6. zagoshe

[​IMG]

Pastor and Spnited.....

Grimace is jealous.....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Two things - I'm not advocating taking anyone's guns away. Nor I am saying they can't be purchased. But why shouldn't we require a more stringent vetting process in advance of purchase? Why not require as much training to own a gun as to drive a car?

And this: I thought handguns were being used by their owners to protect themselves and their possessions. If they're constantly being stolen and sold into the wrong hands, how effective a deterrent can they be? Or is every handgun on the street coming here from Kabul?

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

And with that, Ziggy goes into flashbacks of his old neighborhood... when he was ducking the AK-47 shots coming from 14-year-olds...

Hey! According to Ziggy, this post is supposed to say that you want to be me. ::)

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Zag, even though we're both gun owners, shit like this destroys any legitimate point you might make.

Grow the fuck up.

10. zagoshe

We already have background checks and waiting periods -- what more do you want?

There is no perfect system, none, not one -- but the liberal answer is always "more restrictions" which is a ludicrous way to live your life in a free society.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, Zag needs to be in a society where he is free to kill whoever he deems a threat to his security.
    And given the earlier NAACP comment, I think we know who he'd shooting at.

12. zagoshe

Oh, I see, so it is me and not your little soccer buddies that needs to grow up and stay on point.

Give me a break. I'll happily go back to the discussion when you tell your soccer thread buddies to grow up.

But trying to paint me as the only one who is ruining the discussion is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.