1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does players' "media training" entail?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Babs, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Babs

Babs Member

I'm going to answer my own question here and share the most informative web site I have found. Instead of just listing "topics covered," it has the meat of what is said in there.

http://www.training-conditioning.com/2007/03/meet_the_press.html

Now we know what we're up against.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Which proves that the "media coaches" are fucking fools.

a) Most athletes aren't smart enough to think on their feet and come up with the right kind of "non-answer answer," and will start tripping over their tongue, tiptoeing right into the briar patch and talking about exactly the thing they don't want to talk about;

b) and "I'd rather not discuss that," is like a hunk of bloody meat to the wolf pack, especially if the media thinks there really is something to talk about, plus it leaves open the possibility that "I might be convinced, if you badger me enough."

If you don't want to comment, say "No comment."

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Lobotomies.

4. Huggs4Thuggs

Huggs4Thuggs New Member

Both teams played hard.

5. chazp

chazp Active Member

They teach how to say, "we were focused on winning and came together as a team."

6. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

The three Ds. Decline, deflect, and deny.

Draft saved Draft deleted