1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does Getty charge?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ColbertNation, Mar 22, 2009.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Just curious what Getty usually charges for their photos. I know I don't have a shot of convincing the bosses to ever pony up for it, but Getty moved some fantastic stuff from the tournament today (as they usually do), and I was tremendously disappointed with AP's photos (as I usually am).

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

From their site, for the U.S.:

Creative Express is available in two annual plans, providing solutions for different budgets and creative needs.
    Web resolution: 1-3 MB

(Print size: 5" x 7" at 72 dpi)
    $ 1,999.00 USD (1 year)

Print resolution: 10-16 MB

(Print size: 4" x 6" at 300 dpi)
    $ 2,499.00 USD (1 year)

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Two years ago, I called Getty and asked....they told me just for the basic stuff (I can't remember exactly what that meant, but you'd get what you'd need, I'm sure), it would run $800 a month.

We declined.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am not in the newspaper business. So things may be different for most of you than it has been for me, buying for a magazine/custom-publishing business. But you CAN negotiate with Getty/AllSport. And based on my experience of playing let's make a deal with my account reps, I'd venture to guess that not everyone of equal size has the same deal with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted