1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you want for Christmas/Hannukah?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know I've started threads like these in the past. I usually do it because with a birthday and Christmas this time of year, I'm always asked what I want for Christmas and I usually have no good suggestions...

I'm curious what people are asking for, or cool items that people have seen that they're getting for others...

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My kids overdid it for dear old dad last year. With my son's wedding coming up, he's bearing the expense of a ring and a honeymoon and more so I'm going to go very light on my requests. Plus, my daughter is back in school and I want her saving her money. I pretty much have everything I need and most of what I want. Some Starbucks and iTunes gift cards will hold me for a while.

If they insist, there's a pair of boots I've had my eye on that I won't pull the trigger on for myself. And a sweater I dig.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

In case I draw a flush Secret Santa

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

In a typical year, I usually get a couple hoodies, some sweats and whatever grooming product my wife decides that I need that year.

I wouldn't mind a really good pair of earbuds. Not "Beats by Dre" level, but something that's pretty high quality.

5. joe

joe Active Member

One extra inch.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

All I'm asking for is an Amazon gift card and a nice Skype session. I'm good on clothing, gadgets, DVDs and such, and whichever apartment I move into won't have much space to fill anyway.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Sleep. But I won't get it.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I want a new iPad. I have a gen1. It's great but it doesn't support iOS updates anymore.
    I'd like to get the new one when it hits in a few weeks.

That's too much for a Xmas gift, though. I'd have to get it for myself in consultation with the woman.

For Xmas, I desperately need new headphones. No earbuds - I need real cans with decent bass response. I know the pair I want. My graphic designer has them, and I borrow them all the time for recording.
    I also want a set of studio monitors/speakers for my home office.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I wanted to move into the 21st century with either a smartphone or a tablet, but I'm moving to China so that's not going to happen. Probably will treat myself to a decent raincoat for the monsoon season.

Gifts to give: nephews and niece: magazine subscription renewals; mother: Yankee Fantasy camp (combo gift for every holiday from here to the end of 2014); sister: horse-themed T-shirt: brother and other sister: nothing. once you produce offspring, you're off the list; father: Whataburger gift card?

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing. I've sent out my second annual reminder that I'm still too broke for Christmas and not to buy me anything and not to expect anything from me either.

11. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

I really want a FitBit. It's like a pedometer, heart monitor and calorie counter in one.

Other than that, all I really want are lowes and home depot gift cards. We need to do a big renovation to our bathroom after a water leakage from our A/C unit so I need to buy a lot of construction supplies soon.

12. Mizzougrad96

I think my sister is getting me the Nike version of the Fitbit for my 40th.

Draft saved Draft deleted