1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think this anchor said?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 17, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

bubbler.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Keep smilin'
    Keep shinin'
    Keep fuckin' that chicken...for sure

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't think chickens fuck.

I could be wrong.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Poor things.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

They had just come out of a commercial...Jim Purdue, Purdue chicken with the tagline "It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken."
    Anastos introduced the weather guy and said "It takes a tough make to make a tender forecast, Nick."
    Weather guy kind of stammered, "I guess that's me." and Ernie hit him with "keep fucking that chicken."

And we've already added it to our office lexicon

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As one who does this guy's job every day...this is why I make it a point -- whenever I say ANYTHING ends with ' -uck' -- to make sure to say it slowly and deliberately -- so that there is no confusion.

What makes this clip so watchable is the hearty laughter from the anchor right after he says it along with the shock of his co-anchor...

Definitely a must watch.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

As someone who grew up in the country, I can say chickens do definitely fuck. The speed of it makes BYH look like a Six Million Dollar Man slo-mo, but they do fuck.

Didn't say it was consensual.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So you're saying for the sake of accuracy, the anchor should have said, "Keep raping that chicken"?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

All sex in the animal world is rape.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'll take your word for it.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Alan Ball must have used that as the inspiration for the Ricky FITZ scene in Lester's garage in American Beauty.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Here is a better audio quality version. The guy slowed the words afterward and played it over. I don't know why it makes me laugh.

Keep fucking that chicken is definitely my new catchphrase.

Draft saved Draft deleted