1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of this Plaschke gimmick?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sirvaliantbrown, May 11, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Plenty of douchebaggery for both.

"Here's a pointed question, but based on my reputation, it's really kind of a jerk question."

"Hey man, I'm getting dressed!"

No winner in that exchange.

Simers column, however, did fulfill the whole "Wow, they were terrible . . .what was that all about?" angle that some sought from Plaschke.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Like I said, everybody is allowed to be a jerk every once in while. Fisher cashed in his card.

Also, there are many, many players in the league who have a standing policy that they don't address the media until they are finished dressing. If you cover a team, you know who these guys are. Not sure if Fish is one of them, but if he is, Simers should have known better.

Another also ... this was an afternoon game, no? No deadline pressure, right? So no reason to not wait until the subject is finished dressing. It's just good manners.

I'm just sayin'

Draft saved Draft deleted