1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of this Plaschke gimmick?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sirvaliantbrown, May 11, 2009.

1. http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke-lakers11-2009may11,0,533585.column

I love it. Just fantastic.

What would you do as an editor, though, if you had a 900-word hole and 423 came back?

2. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

I really hate Plaschke.

But this column is kinda funny.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not funny. Not professional. Totally lame.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

good stuff. i don't read plaschke much anymore, if at all. but i liked this and i loved the last line. and i'm sure the editors knew it was coming...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I disagree. For not "giving his best effort," I thought it was clever as hell...

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

For anyone that doesn't think that was his best effort and intentional, wow, how are you missing the boat. Great column.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

it would have looked even better with the white space in the column rail. That would have rocked.

8. That was a great, great column...whomever said this wasn't professional simply isn't playing attention. great idea, great execution, great column.

9. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

This is why he's one of the best writers in the biz. Clever angle with a tone that matches the teams' play and what fans witnessed. Outstanding, I think.

10. FuturaBold

FuturaBold Member

I thought it was pretty clever ...

11. That's hysterical. Wow. I hope they did that.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Is poindexter ill or something? Him not visiting this thread yet is the upset of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted