1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of this lede?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spnited, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Reacher

Reacher Member

It's kind of clunky and maybe a little crass, but I actually don't hate it. I've read much, much worse.

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

The fact that this is a day game makes this even worse, because the writer wasn't on a tight deadline

3. Uncle Rupe

Uncle Rupe New Member

Calm down about the lede. I got a chuckle when I read it - and no, I'm not George King. The people doing the bashing obviously have no idea what the NY Post is all about. The story was a knee jerk reaction? Give me a break, the Yankees are cooked. And if they aren't cooked, everybody will eventually be talking about the tombstone that was on the front page of the Post today. It's a no-lose.

4. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Gotta be George King, right? One of the only guys who can write like that... He owns the beat and players come to him for news. Only in the Post...

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Zeke?

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's high school newspaper bad.

Sorry, as a reader, stuff like this makes me cringe.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

It's a New York Post lede, all right.
    "Hey, look at me, doing something contrived, trying to generate controversy and get talk radio discussing what I did."
    I'm not flaming the guy who did it, just the mindset, which certainly isn't specific to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted