1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you NEVER skimp on?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Dr Pepper comes first. Always.
    Pizza with Pepperoni and Mushroom
    I'm a Beer Snob.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Cottonelle is the tp of choice here. I don't care but it's not my call.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Magnum, every time.

4. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Must have my Charmin Ultra.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Hair products: Matrix
    Wine
    Coffee
    TP
    Face cleansers and makeup

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Figured you were a Dodge guy, FDP. {wink}

I used to be Merita bread only, but am auditioning other brands at the moment.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

"The bills may be late, but I have good toilet paper!" </John Pinette>

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Bratwurst. Go to the butcher or go home.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I just think less of any restaurant where the ketchup isn't Heinz. And there's a special corner of hell reserved for those who would put generic ketchup in Heinz bottles. Evil bastards.

Plax is one product where the generic drugstore brands don't seem to get the job done. Neutrogena makes a damned fine shampoo, but the Suave variant costs way less and seems, given how little hair I have left, to get the job done.

I'm not otherwise that hung up about brands, but I will always spend extra to get the best towels I can afford. Good ones last so much longer – I have an Ikea bath sheet that I bought 20 (!) years ago that's still in the rotation, almost as good as the day I bought it.

Same with shoes. I bought a pair of Allen Edmonds dress shoes maybe 10 years ago and paid what seemed the absurd price of $250 (I'll admit it, the Nordstrom salesgirl charmed me into buying them) but they're the best shoes I have ever owned. Got married in them.

The One Good Suit any man should own is another place where I will spend more to get the best quality.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

nice...

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Beer (always Coors Light, never Keystone -- although they taste similar), shampoo (Pert Plus), deodorant (Old Spice), soup (Campbells) and tortilla chips (Tostitos).

12. Flash

Flash Guest

We did this at the bar where I worked during senior year of U -- to save money from constantly buying new bottles. The humidex was extremely high that summer and, for some reason, the cheap ketchup would swell inside the glass bottles. When our good patrons unscrewed the caps, the ketchup would explode all over them.

The owners had to pay so many dry-cleaning bills that we were ordered to cease and desist ... and start serving Heinz ketchup packs.

Draft saved Draft deleted