1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you like in the new TV shows?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Sep 13, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

None of the new shows intrigue me. And that's the first 3 minutes I've seen of Mad Men and there was nothing in it that would ever make me want to turn it back on. Yikes.

That being said, STOKED that Castle is back on Monday.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I like Castle too and I can`t wait for the season opener.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw Ringer last night... Not sure what to make of it. I'll probably give it another week or two before I decide whether to continue watching...

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Going to be tuning into New Girl, 2 Broke Girls and Pan Am.

I was very confused about Up All Night because I could have sworn that it wasn't a new show. Then I realized I was confusing it with Raising Hope.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, very different. Because Raising Hope really isn't about ... raising Hope. The baby is very secondary there. I think the baby is going to be very central to Up All Night.

Plus, Will Arnett stars in the latter, which provides the added attraction of having one's skin crawl during the show.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So... are they using the Slaughter song for the intro?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The lawn mower scene, linked out of context, is in no way representative of what a remarkable show "Mad Men" is. (Hence the screen name here.)

Really looking forward to "Up All Night" today. Will Arnett and jokes about raising small children? Sign me up.

I'm pretty shocked Zooey Deschanel is starring in a run-of-the-mill sitcom? Isn't she kind of a big movie star at this point?

8. imjustagirl

I like "hence the screen name" if that was directed at me, since I said I'd never seen the show. So obviously the "screen name" wouldn't mean anything to me.

9. Dick Whitman

Nothing to get testy about. Geez.

10. Dick Whitman

Congratulations on never watching "Mad Men," though.

My best friend from college was equally proud of not seeing "Titanic."

11. imjustagirl

I'm not bragging. I didn't watch it when it started, and by the time it became a phenomenon, I wasn't interested in doing the work to catch up on it.

And I WISH I'd never seen Titanic.

12. Dick Whitman

My brother won't watch any show I recommend to him because he doesn't want to make the commitment. I think that's understandable. We watched one episode of "The Wire" together. He declared it "boring," and never went back to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted