1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you like in the new TV shows?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Sep 13, 2011.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'm interested in "Prime Suspect" because I've always liked Maria Bello.

I think we all have to check out "Person of Interest," don't we? I mean, Jesus Christ is starring in it.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I might have gotten lassoed into it, if the CW hadn't played the same commercial over and over and over...

"This is Siobhan's husband, this is Siobhan's lover, but this isn't Siobhan."
    Gellar: "You've got the wrong girl!"

No, I've got the wrong channel. Click.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking that could be a cool, quirky show. My roommate thinks it's already jumped the shark [/2002 cliche].

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It was the first time I've seen the spot. Maybe I'll wind up like you and changing the channel.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Pan Am because it will try to channel a little bit of Mad Men.

The promos for Prime Suspect look good. I like Maria Bello and Aidan Quinn so I am really looking forward to this one.

And the one with Poppy Montgomery....I think it's called Unforgettable with one of the guys from Nip/Tuck.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Anything that brings Poppy Montgomery back to series TV is fine by me, tho the promos don't give me the highest hopes, frankly. I've never seen Mad Men, but Pan Am seems interesting as a look at a step in the process of women becoming more independent. And any series debuted by NBC should have a sucky-until-proven-not-sucky disclaimer.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Every time I see a commercial for all these new shows, I immediately think, "This won't last longer than a month." And to the OP: What's the hate for Will Arnett? He wears three-thousand dollar suits, COME ON! (But that show will probably get canned too; his wife has the hottest comedy on TV right now. At least he was part of one of the best comedies in the last 40 years.)

8. Cansportschick

Dooley , you are missing out if you haven't seen Mad Men yet. One of the best shows ever in my opinion.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Gotta agree, dools. If only for the lawn-mower scene.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've heard a lot of good things, but I don't know if I've spent more than five minutes ever on AMC. Maybe in a few years when I grow up

11. Cansportschick

One of the best scenes ever. Hilarious as hell too.

12. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The premise of Pan Am just doesn't look interesting at all. Zooey Deschanel's show very well could be bad. I like Kat Dennings, so maybe I'll tune in to her show. Too bad 30 Rock doesn't come back until January......

Draft saved Draft deleted