1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you know about st. louis?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Aug 1, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hey, Bill? It's kind of my thing. I've said it roughly 90,000 times on this board. I don't actually want to fuck frozen custard, if that's what you're thinking.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll say it ... fuckabuncha Imo's Pizza. No likey. No likey at all.

St. Louis is cool though. If your hotel is in Clayton, check out the Manhattan Cafe on Hanley Avenue. Nothing fancy, just good "normal" food.

For Greek food, the Olympia Kebob House on McCausland is pretty good. I think even 21 would recommend the saganaki.

Moddy, OTR and I shared some kick ass wings last year at Broadway Oyster Bar just south of I-64 and Busch Stadium on Broadway. Yum.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nice, Bubbler. Real nice.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nice sig, IJAG. Real nice.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Have never been to St. Lou.....but have always wanted to.

6. boots

boots New Member

St. Louis is a nice town. However, it is on our list of best towns to get your ass kicked free of charge so be careful.
    And should you feel adventureous, without the kids or misses in tow, DO NOT go to East St. Louis, Ill. An ass kicking is definitely waiting for you there.
    Otherwise, enjoy your time in the Gateway City.

7. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Definitely second Ted Drewes. Go there after sunset -- dozens of people sitting on the hoods/bumpers of their cars. It's like a little social event every night during the summer. Or at least it used to be -- haven't been in St. Louis since 1999. Can someone confirm if that's still the case?

And if you go there and get a concrete (a must, in my opinion), do they still turn it upside down before handing it to you, just to prove how thick it is? Great stuff, those concretes.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

All still happening, especially at the TDs on Route 66.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That's Fitz's... and it rocked.

Not only do they brew their own root beer, but their own cream soda -- a personal favorite. And you get unlimited refills.

My HS friend, who was stationed at nearby Scott AFB, took me there when I was passing through last year. Great, great place.

10. Mira

Mira Member

Cunetto's House of Pasta is terrific. Their fried ravioli is amazing.

Blueberry Hill has terrific burgers, would be fun for the kids.

Jimmy's Cafe on the Park is very good.

Also, pick up a River Front Times (alternative newspaper) or check out their Web site (www.riverfronttimes.com)

11. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I sincerely hope this enters SportsJournalists.com lexicon. Style guide, anyone?

Nice, xxxx, real nice: Said in disgust to any seemingly innocent comment, seemingly at any time one wants.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I will recommend Bastante's on the Hill. A little pricey, but well worth it. Maybe a little too pricey if you have crumbsnatchers along. Try the Tres Picos Garnache with your meal if you go.

Draft saved Draft deleted