1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you hate more: Mitch Williams or 10U travel ball?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jr/shotglass, May 17, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't like or respect the president. What has that to do with this?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Too bad because he's pretty enjoyable to watch. He has a speaking tic that adds to his presentation.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nothing, just like it has nothing to do with 99.8% of the other threads you get locked by dragging them into M.N.-Land (see the current Sandy Hook thread).

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hey, nobody likes or respects you, but we don't drag threads to a standstill over it. We just act like you're not there.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

I knew you would never, ever keep your word.
    You blinked.

6. jr/shotglass

So what? Does that make you king of the playground or something?

You called me a dolt out of nowhere on the other thread before jumping on edit real quick. So don't even give me that chickenshit.

Man, you don't get that your "act" isn't playing to rave reviews. Perhaps the other two mental midgets, but they don't count either.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

EDIT: That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?

8. jr/shotglass

Doesn't matter in the least. Enough people will get their fingers out of their asses soon enough and make you see that your presence is not welcomed.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

EDIT: That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?

10. jr/shotglass

An occasional contribution that doesn't consist of snark. Don't try to match that. You don't have it in you.

And with that, I'm done. You want to kill another thread, there's only a handful of people who can stop you. And they apparently aren't ready. Yet.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Back to the incident in question, essentially confirmed by the video:

Several questions:

1) In similar situations in youth and high school games -- where a shouting coach has threatened to have a batter drilled and then it happens -- at the very very least the coach and pitcher are usually instantly ejected from the game, as in, "bang, zoom, you're gone, and you got 15 seconds to get your ass off this diamond." More often the game is forfeited on the spot and everybody sent straight to their buses.

2) Something is seriously fucked up about the whole league because after the batter is drilled, neither he (the batter) or any of his coaches seem very upset about it; the batter moseys down to first and the base coaches just wander back to their coaching boxes, rather than Olympic-sprinting right up to the chin of the plate umpire and thunderously demanding the pitcher and head coach be immediately ejected, and threatening (and usually following through) to immediately pull their team off the field if this didn't happen instantly.

I know if I were coaching a baseball team, the opposing coach had sounded off about drilling one of my players, the umpire issued a warning, and then he went ahead and did it anyway, if the opposing coach and pitcher weren't instantaneously ejected from the game, they'd have to haul me out of there with an armored vehicle.

And if the league was so fucked-up in so many ways this didn't accomplish anything, I would immediately send my hardest-throwing fireball pitcher down to the bullpen and shout, "Get loose, you're coming in next inning."

I'd tell the baserunner to intentionally get picked off and the next two batters to intentionally strike out.

As soon as the inning ended and my fireball guy went to the mound, I'd shout out, "Fuck this in-the-ribs stuff. Fire that fucker right through the earhole of his helmet. See how he likes that shit."

Draft saved Draft deleted