1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you get when you cut Planned Parenthood funding?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Real medical offices are a little busy, you know, providing real medical services.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They do what, breast cancer screenings? No. Not really.

They do simple breast exams. I could do a breast exam. So could you.

They need to refer a patient for a mammogram if they find anything suspicious.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Two Baron links? Oh my, I've been pwned.

4. Baron Scicluna

Shit, who needs a doctor to perform a biopsy? Everyone should just visit you.

Screening tests include the following:
    • Physical exam and history: An exam of the body to check general signs of health, including checking for signs of disease, such as lumps or anything else that seems unusual. A history of the patient’s health habits and past illnesses and treatments will also be taken.
    • Laboratory tests: Medical procedures that test samples of tissue, blood, urine, or other substances in the body.
    • Imaging procedures: Procedures that make pictures of areas inside the body.
    • Genetic tests: Tests that look for certain gene mutations (changes) that are linked to some types of cancer.
    Cancer Screening Overview

Crissakes, you're embarrassing yourself on this thread.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Keep on defaulting there.

6. YankeeFan

LOL. I'm embarrassing myself? You just proved my point.

I said I could do a breast exam. I can't do everything listed on the NIH's National Cancer Institute's site you linked to. Neither can Planned Parenthood.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They do more than something any of us could pick up from a Deadpool commercial. (If y'all haven't seen that commercial yet, you should.)

If you didn't already know that, you should have learned as much from this thread by now.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have to give you credit. You may rely heavily on dishonest, false premises, but you do it fairly well. Yes, there are rudimentary breast cancer exams any of us can do. And yes, there are exams that Planned Parenthood cannot do. But there are also exams we cannot do that Planned Parentood provides.

9. YankeeFan

OK, so tell me. What does there "breast cancer screening" consist of beyond a standard breast exam, and a referral if necessary?

10. Baron Scicluna

You act like all they do is poke around the breast, and hand out referrals for mammograms. They do more than that. Not as much as NIH's National Cancer Institute, but more than your amateurish breast exam.

11. YankeeFan

So, why is no one willing to tell me what their breast cancer screening does consist of beyond a breast exam and a referral?

12. YankeeFan

Did Baron's link prove me wrong?

I thought it was from PP's site at first. Thought maybe I was wrong. Then I saw stuff on there I knew they don't do.

How does telling me, "here's what a breast cancer screening consists of," prove I'm wrong, when PP doesn't provide all of these services?

Draft saved Draft deleted