1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you get when you cut Planned Parenthood funding?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 4, 2016.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

They ARE readily available, you dolt. They're available at damn near every store in the country.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except that they do. I know you don't allow ignorance to stop you from posting, but this really is an extreme example.

At least you admit that you were guessing. That is progress.

3. outofplace

Dodging the point with personal insults? Or did you just not understand the concept?

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

5. SpeedTchr

You don't have a point. You never have a point. You insinuated I was against condoms being readily available and I blew that BS out of the water. I sank your bullshitship.

old_tony likes this.
  6. JohnHammond

I know you're grasping at straws here, since I can easily pull up news stories about Texas Republicans supporting Medicaid expansion. But, as we all know, that doesn't count in the eyes of some.

7. outofplace

Ah, now you have reached the "false claims of victory" stage of the trolling handbook. So, are you going to continue to run from the actual content of the thread by attacking me personally or can we get back on topic?

What about programs that encourage the use of birth control? How about education in the use of condoms and other methods? Hell, even programs that give them out?

What about increased welfare spending?

8. SpeedTchr

What about them? Planned Parenthood is unnecessary for those "services" and shouldn't be funded. Fund real medical offices where the same services can be provided.

I'm not trolling you. That would require you to be smart enough to play along.

old_tony likes this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Medicaid expansion didn't require anything but saying "yes" to federal money. The business community, including Republicans, was very rightfully upset when the state rejected the $100 billion over 10 years.

10. outofplace

You are still relying heavily on the crutch of personal attacks to support your feeble logic, so perhaps it is your own intellect that should be in question.

I am not talking just about funding for Planned Parenthood, nor do I accept your flawed premise that those services as well as abortions are all that Planned Parenthood does.

Also, where in my questions did I say those things had to be funded through Planned Parenthood? Nowhere. Again, the failure to understand the posts you are responding to calls your own intellect into question, not mine.

Until you are ready to have an honest discussion in which you actually address the subjects being raised without relying so heavily on attacking posters for daring to question the holes in your logic, you are doing nothing but troll.

11. JohnHammond

Not quite accurate, cran, but no surprise there.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

• Texas: Gov. Rick Perry (R) and the Republican majority in the state Legislature have unanimously rejected the Medicaid expansion, although Democrats have introduced legislation (HB 3791) that would establish a strategy to expand Medicaid. The bill is pending in the House.
    Where the states stand on Medicaid expansion

The executive committee of the state Republican Party voted unanimously to oppose expansion, state party Chairman Steve Munisteri told House caucus members before Monday’s vote. “You should stand firm in your convictions and oppose the expansion of Medicaid in Texas. It is fiscally irresponsible and in direct opposition of the voters who elected you to do otherwise,” he said in a letter.

Texas House GOP opposes Medicaid expansion

Draft saved Draft deleted