1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you get these newlyweds?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

[​IMG]

The world's tallest man, whose search for a bride covered the world, ended up marrying a woman about half his age and half his height from his home town, Chinese media reported on Wednesday.

Bao Xishun, 56, a 2.36-metre (7-ft-9-in) herdsman listed by Guinness World Records as the tallest living man, married a 29-year-old Chinese saleswoman, the Beijing News said.

"After sending out marriage advertisements across the world and going through a long selection process, the efforts have finally paid off," the newspaper said.

His bride, Xia Shujuan, a mere 1.68 metres, comes from Chifeng in Inner Mongolia, as does Bao.

Bao reached his height in a seven-year spurt that began in his teens and which doctors have yet to explain, according to Guinness.

After a career in the army, where he was recruited for a basketball team, he returned to Inner Mongolia where he hires himself out for publicity stunts in addition to herding livestock.

In December, Bao saved the lives of two dolphins by reaching deep into their stomachs to pull out pieces of plastic, according to Chinese media

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070328/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_china_tallest_2;_ylt=ArXom9nUapZAHP3KQYUjklHmWMcF

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

all i have to say is: wow ... imagine the logistics.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

a padded stepladder?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Everyone's the same size lying down.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I am not his wife. That is all.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No tats?

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Vaginal rejuvenation.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He's a herdsman?

I bet the sheep are breathing a sigh of relief.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. Okay, let's get two! Go get 'em.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Jeez, Bao, pick on up someone your own size and quit taking the BTExpress-size women off the market. :mad:

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm sad it took that long.

Well done, slappy.

12. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

this reminds me of a story my father used to tell about a little person who was married to a woman who played basketball in college. They both worked with my father at a very, very large business.

There was this one guy at the work who was really stupid. They got this joke going that the couple was getting a divorce and the stupid guy was going to help them with their problems. They told him all day they'd let him in on their problems after work. The joke went on all day with coworkers passing the guys desk and saying, "Mr. Stupid, I know you'll know what to do. You've got to save their marriage."

Well, it's after work and they're gathered around the water cooler and the problem is explained to mr. stupid as ...

When they're nose to nose, his toes are in it and when they're toes to toes, his nose is in it.

Stupid story without Dad telling hit.

Draft saved Draft deleted