1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Find Therapeutic?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 25, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Seriously, though. Wednesday, beer. Today, sleep.

2. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

My list, in no particular order:

1. Mowing the lawn
    2. Working out
    3. Taking batting practice, either live, in a cage or off a tee
    4. Playing XBox 360
    5. Posting on SportsJournalists.com
    6. Playing with the dog across the street
    7. Borrowing my dad's t-bird, putting the top down and driving
    8. Putting on particular iPod playlists, close the drapes, light candles and meditate (you can stop laughing now).
    9. Clowning around and being goofy with the gf.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Don't feel crazy. The wife and I do that too with either any of the Grand Theft Auto games or our copy of Resident Evil 4 for the Wii.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That first warm spring day, taking a long drive on a open road with the windows down crankin' Boston. Nothing better.

Second best: After a hot sunny day, taking a midnight drive when the temp drops to 70 or so, again with the windows down.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

--A nice long walk.
    --A nice cool drink served by a smiling cutie.
    --A good book.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Sex.

Writing.

More of the former than the latter, but unfortunately getting more of the latter than the former. Boom's fault, completely.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You sounded just a little bit like a female Mikey in that post.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I was anal about my veggie garden. Everything had to be measured out, the rows had to be parallel and I mulched like a son of a bitch.

Greatest compliment I ever had: first year in the house my garden was about 30' x 30'. Big MF but it was as neat as a pin.

My elderly neighbour would watch me out of the corner of his eye while I plucked the suckers from my tomato plants.

About the middle of July he looked over and said, "Nice garden. You Italian?"

9. markvid

markvid Guest

One of my 18-month old daughters loves to sleep while laying on me.
    My wife keeps telling me it's not good, because as soon as we try to put her back in the crib while she's out, she starts wailing...the only way to get her to go back to sleep is if she's up, then we let her pick a toy, go back in and keep our fingers crossed.
    I care less...there have been a couple of nights in the last month I've been up till 5 or 6 because I've been letting her sleep on me for 6 or 7 hours.
    And I love every second of it. No matter what is going on with work or elsewhere, it's like a release for me. The rhythmic breathing, her putting her arms around my neck, her general contentment, well, it's just like nothing else matters when I'm with her.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

- Playing Facebook Scrabble while listening to my ever-growing iTunes playlist.

- The training part of Wii Sports, where you're basically learning to hit home runs. Swing away for a good 30 minutes, and watch your troubles fade away (unless you're talking about shoulder troubles).

- Also Wii-related...taking Umaga apart in a no-holds-barred match on Smackdown vs. Raw 2008. Thwanging that bastard with a chair until he bleeds.

- Beat the wang like I caught it trying to steal my car.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Playing cards.

Staying late at the office after everyone's left and listening to my CDs.

Writing is not so much therapeutic as cathartic.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Dude, I cannot wait for this kind of stuff. My first is due in a month.

Draft saved Draft deleted