1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Find Therapeutic?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 25, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Drinking, walking, listening to music and reading this Web site all cool me down.

(And masturbating.)

2. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Couldn't agree with either you any more. Hopefully my knee will be fully healed by late spring. I also find lifting and especially rowing very good after a frustrating day. After a while on the rower, you just get into a zone where you're sort of aware of everything else, but you just stare straight through the display screen like there's nothing else in the world.

That and posting on SportsJournalists.com, too! ;)

3. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Lonesome George, so nice of you to stop in! You get the rent money for the land-lady yet?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Along those same lines, I actually like ironing.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's hilarious.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hiking. I miss having a state park a mile away.

Baking. There's just something theraputic about creaming butter and brown sugar together.

(that is made for quote function fun, isn't it?)

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Bourbon
    Playing guitar
    Therapy

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Riding a bike
    Cooking
    Talking to my mom on the phone (or in her kitchen, if I didn't live 2,000 miles away)
    Watching "Shawshank"
    Watching any of those "Classic MLB" shows on ESPN Classic
    Taking long drives in a familiar city, getting "lost" and finding my way back again
    Sex (seriously, have you ever had a headache or other annoyances NOT clear up after sex? Very, very therapeutic)

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My most relaxing two hours of the week come on Sunday afternoons coaching special needs sports -- baseball, basketball and soccer. Other stress-busting therapies for me: Exercise, stretching, hitting a bucket o' balls at the driving range, gardening, pick-up basketball, an expresso out on the patio, classical music, and, of course, Tantric sex.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good for you, cranberry. Most be very de-stressing to scream at special needs kids for a couple hours.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Lifting weights

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You ever seen a kid in a walker do suicide drills?

Draft saved Draft deleted